Mark D Worthen PsyD (Dr Worthen) created PTSDexams.com hoping to provide useful information about Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Compensation and Pension (C&P) examinations for PTSD and other mental disorders for veterans, professionals, advocates, and policy-makers.
Note: Dr. Worthen is not accepting new referrals for consultation or evaluation at this time.
Clinical-forensic psychologist Dr. Mark Worthen graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Maryland’s Psychology Honors program.
He earned a Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) degree from Baylor University in Texas; completed an APA-accredited internship at a VA medical center; and was a Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Worthen’s forensic psychology experience includes serving in the following roles:
* Court Psychologist for a family court in Alexandria, Virginia.
* Forensic Psychologist at a community mental health center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
* Clinical Consultant to a Drug Treatment Court in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
* Consultant to defense counsel in private disability insurance cases.
* Independent Psychological Examiner (long-term disability insurance claims) for several IME companies around the country.
* Consultant to companies in workplace violence threat situations.
* Expert Witness in several jurisdictions in central and western North Carolina.
* Co-Chair of the North Carolina Psychological Association’s Law & Psychology Committee.
* C&P Psychologist, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), 2010-2016.
* More detailed information is available in Dr. Worthen’s curriculum vitae (CV).