PTSDexams.com provides information about Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Compensation and Pension (C&P) examinations for PTSD and other mental disorders. The site is run by Mark D Worthen PsyD, a clinical and forensic psychologist in Asheville, North Carolina.
Asheville NC clinical and forensic psychologist Dr. Mark Worthen graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Maryland’s Psychology Honors program.
He earned a Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) degree from Baylor University in Texas; completed an APA-accredited internship at a VA medical center; and was a Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Worthen’s forensic psychology experience includes serving in the following roles:
* Court Psychologist for a family court in Alexandria, Virginia.
* Forensic Psychologist at a community mental health center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
* Clinical Consultant to a Drug Treatment Court in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
* Consultant to defense counsel in private disability insurance cases.
* Independent Psychological Examiner (long-term disability insurance claims) for several IME companies around the country.
* Consultant to companies in workplace violence threat situations.
* Expert Witness in several jurisdictions in central and western North Carolina.
* Co-Chair of the North Carolina Psychological Association’s Law & Psychology Committee.
* More detailed information is available in Dr. Worthen’s curriculum vitae (CV).